There are important programs to help homeowners and renters who need help paying utility costs. Visit the State of Connecticut website to find information and links to help from the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program. Learn more about eligibility and how to contact your local Agency at

If you are unable to pay your heating bill, ask your utility provider about Connecticut’s Winter Protection Program, which protects eligible households from heating source shut-offs through May 1st. Call 2-1-1 or visit to learn more.

Help is still available for rental and electricity payment assistance through UniteCT, funded by the American Rescue Plan. You may be eligible for $15,000 in rental assistance and up to $1,500 in electricity payment assistance. Visit to apply.

211CT has more tools to help individuals find help with food needs or warming centers. Texting 211food to 898211 will get you a list of soup kitchens in your area. Texting CTCAN to 898211 will get you information about warming centers near you.